Monday, May 7, 2018

Just another week in Paradise

Monday, May 7, 2018

So last week my letter was absurda/ridiculous, I understand sorry.  haha I hope that helps y'all understand my mental state rn jokes, but really.

Last week on Thursday I was informed that my comp would go to another area and I would stay in Rimac.  Due to some events that happened soon after we both left Rimac and we are now in a trio in Bolivar and there are two new Hnas in Rimac.  Due to me spending almost 12 months of my mission in Rimac, Pres has allowed for me to go back every other day to work there bc Hna Rimac is my name.  So I have been in Bolivar which is pueblo libre district (super pitico/tiny) and going back and forth to Rimac working with Hna Erickson and Cortez.  It has been crazy. 

Jacqueline, our investigator from Rimac is getting baptized on the 19th.  Maria, our investigator got baptized!!  The last week in April!!  We got to go it was awesome!!

Here in Bolivar the members are super awesome which is good bc knocking doors does not work here.  So they are helping us a lot.

Guillermo is on goal to not smoke for one more week and if he does then he can get baptized.  He is doing great.  So far we see him every day and he is getting better and better.  We are also visiting a bunch of Venezolanos bc they are the only people here humble enough to accepts us.  They are super awesome!!

This sector is super diff from Rimac so it's super weird but it is a good place to be and I love my new compi, she makes life so funny!!  She is from New Zealand, her name is Hna Acarapi. 

I cannot believe the time has gone so fast.  I still feel like I have so many things to learn but I can't keep hiding from the clock.  Next week I will probs just write something short bc that's kind of nonsense to send a long letter and see you the next day so I want to share my testimony before I end my time here. 

This work changes hearts.  My heart has been changed.  I know who I am and I know what my Father in Heaven expects of me and I know that through Christ I can make the impossible possible.  This gospel is a gift.  I feel very blessed to have a week more to share it.  There is only one way to find joy in this life and that is through Jesus Christ.  He lives and he beat the world and because he did ,so can I and so can you.  I'm grateful for the unconditional love a perfect God has for his very imperfect children and I know he knows me and worries about me and is taking care of me.  There is no battle that I cannot win with his help.  This life is not easy but if it were it wouldn't be any fun.  Thanks to our Savior there can be joy in the journey.

I love you all

Hna Glassett



No comments:

Post a Comment