Tuesday, September 5, 2017

el terrible trio

Monday, September 5, 2017

So this week we saw a bunch of miracles everyday.  It was weird being in a trio but it worked well and we had a good time!!  We are still working with Graciela and Celia.  Their situations are still the same.  Also we are working with Diego.  We have not been able to teach him this week.  He went to the activity we had though!  This week we had a movie night and they played the testaments and we invited a bunch of people and they made popcorn and the members and non members came so it was great!!  A good turnout and during the movie we had our meeting with the ward mission leader.  Best of both worlds.

This week we also found a family who lives in front of the church and they are great they have had the missionary visits before and they are super receptive.  They aren't married though so that will be their challenge but they are great so we are gonna keep working with them. 

Also we found a kid who is not really into the whole religion thing, he has never been close to any religion he says and so bc of that he doesn't know who God is he doesn't understand Christ, and he lives just to live.  He doesn't know his purpose, he doesn't understand the atonement or that there is a plan.  It is really sad to teach him.  The saddest part though is that he doesn't really seem to care.  Sometimes he asks us so what's your purpose, what's the purpose of life but it doesn't really seem to bother him that he doesn't know why he's here and what he is supposed to do here and a goal for where he wants to go.  In the process of teaching him I had to think about my purpose on earth.  And thinking about it without Christ there isn't one.  But when you put Christ in the mix everything has meaning.  Our purpose it to be like Christ, follow everything he did, and strive to keep the promises we have made with our Heavenly Father.  That is the plan and when we follow the plan we can achieve the goal which is live eternally with God, Jesus Christ and our families.  I am so grateful that I know about this plan and that I have a goal.  That I have a savior and that I know him and know about his atonement.  18 months is not long enough to tell everyone about this glorious gospel.  I am so happy to do it.  The hard part is when their own pride won't let them except it.  Kevin (the kid I'm talking about) is 21, he has a niece who is 19 and she is great she accepted baptism and she is really sweet she understands and accepts the plan more than Kevin.  Her name is Nicole we found her last night after a really long day of trials.  There are miracles everywhere I look.  And as much as my heart breaks for those who choose not to let the gospel and the plan of salvation give their life hope, the ones who accept make it all worth it. 

My invitation this week is that you can all take a step back and look at your life.  Think about your purpose, why are you here and where are you going.  I know that Christ lives.  He is the reason for everything I have, do and everything I will do.  I love you all more than you can understand.

Hermana Glassett

We rode bikes a few pdays ago in Miraflores and to this beautiful site.




more about bikes




sS
This lady wanted a pic with me lol.

We also went to the market.



Last weeks pday my Hna Meroy. 


my family (my mom, me, my daughter, and grand daughter)

My compi y yo with Hna Larson




No comments:

Post a Comment