Monday, October 30, 2017

whaaaaaat.

Monday, October 30, 2017

So this week has tested my patience and my emotional and mental strength more than I ever thought it could.  But I have learned that God helps me to stay calm in situations SUPER UN CALM!  haha

So the week started off normal.  Two intercambios, a bunch of citas, lots of fun, divisions.  We had lost Priscila all week and Elvira.  We found Priscila, Elvira no.  Doris is new also she is awesome and very excited for her baptism.  We hare seeing lots of blessings in finding new people to teach. 

It was a good week and normal just worrying about investigators and the Hnas like usual.  Until we got a call Friday night that said we needed to go tomorrow and pick up another yapa.  So yes, once again, I am in trio for a bit.  The poor hermana is not doing so well.  She is dealing with a lot of things she can't control and so her actions are a little less than 20 year old. (I more or less feel like I'm babysitting) but I have learned to put a firm hand with love.  We will see what happens today if we stay in trio or no. 

ALSO!  We found Priscila! Friday!  So we visited again Saturday and she came to church with her kids Sunday and they were so happy like usual.  Then we got a call at 6 and she said, "Glassett, God doesn't exist we can't go to church anymore" and some other very strong stuff that cause a whole lot of worry.  Well we made it to her house in 30 minutes and she was NOT in a good place.  I have never been more grateful to be able to say and KNOW I am a representative of Jesus Christ bc that is the only way I knew what to say.   This poor woman has been through a LOT of hard stuff and now her ex has left them alone.  He is not gonna help with anything.  And poor Priscila has emotional and mental problems bc of him and her daughter too.  But Priscila has no one to share it with.  She just keeps it all in.  She was in a very bad place last night thinking some very bad things and planning some horrible things and nothing we said got through to her.  Until finally we were able to tell her we don't understand what you are going through, we are young, but you know what we understand, the atonement and the love of Christ and we understand how you can feel better but you have to trust us and let us okay?  And it broke my heart she just looked at my with her eyes red and swollen from tears and said, "Glassett, what do I do?"  In this moment I should have thought, I'm 20 years old I don't know!  But HF gave me the words and I told her what to do and we were able to calm her down enough to change the plans she had made for the next day.  We are going to visit her everyday and put all our heart into helping her feel and understand the atonement.  It was a peaceful feeling for me after she called bc I was able to think it doesn't matter what has happened to her.  The message I share will help her overcome.  I know this message is the only one that can help everyone to have hope for a better life, to trust in a God that exists and his son that gave everything for us. 2 Nefi 26:24.  This is the message of salvation.  This is vital.  What I would tell to anyone preparing for a mission or bueno in anything.  Everything goes a whole lot more like God has planned when you let him do what he has planned and trust that his plans are better than yours.  He is the master planner.  So it doesn't matter how much you know, how well you have studied, how good of a plan you have made for yourself or the expectations you have set.  When you let yourself be a disciple of Christ by truly following him and letting God plan your life how he would like it then you will have joy in this life and the life to come.  Know that doesn't mean don't do anything and wait for God to throw it all together.  Go to church.  Read the Book of Mormon EVERYDAY.  Pray sincerely always and put God first.  See people how God sees them and LEARN to put YOUR NEEDS AND WANTS at the end of the line.  Bc God didn't send you here so you could do everything you want.  Learn to be obedient to ALL of his commandments, and learn to repent everyday.  Strive to feel the joy of the atonement morning and night.  This gospel is a gift that we are blessed to partake of EVERY DAY.  So if you aren't acting like it is the gift it is, I invite you to take another look at your life and start acting like it.  If he wants fish, he can get fish. WHAT HE NEEDS ARE DISCIPLES.  Elder Holland.

Love you all.  Have a good week.

Hna Glassett

"We went to the zoo."








el trio explosivo haha 



Hna Zaldivar de Honduras y Guatemala

Our mission leader cooked.

Mission leader (Alberto) dancing

Alberto y Bryan. it's his house (Bryan)

Pre pday de Hnas fotos haha


Banderas

Pday de Hna scavenger hunt in Miraflores


Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment