Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Was Up

Monday, November 13, 2017

What the kids all yell at me in the street. 

So this week once again was a week FULLL of emotional drainage.  I never knew at 20 years old I could worry so much in my life.  So Priscila is getting kicked out of her house and who is the first person she called?  Us.  She said she had lost her faith she had no hope, why is this happening to her if she is trying to do everything right.  We have been trying to help her look for a little room to live in without losing focus of all our other investigators who also have lots of problems.  Hector really wants to get baptized but he smokes all the time and he has to stop but we don't know when he will be able to and it will be very difficult for him bc all his family smokes too, all the time.  We found a new family this week.  Moises and Katy they are super awesome and Moises accepted fecha but then the next day his dad died.  Doris is a little cold now since the death of her cousin.  And we found a different family who came to church all except the mom.  They are not married and their relationship is not good right now but the dad wants to change and be a happy family he loves his parja and his 3 daughters.  When he got to church he said she had kicked him out of the house and she is with another man.  This poor man cried his eyes out in the church and just said my heart hurts.  So the question this week is why do the big trials come when people are trying to do the right thing?  Why is it that when they are trying finally to do something good some huge trial comes?

Well, the best answer I have found is in a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland.  Missionary Work and the Atonement.  Salvation is not a cheap process.  It is not easy for us bc it was never easy for him.  This work is not an easy work and the changes these people are making are not easy.  This week I doubted my faith.  This week I doubted that all would be well.  This week has been one of my most trying weeks in the mission.  But bc this week had tried my faith has grown.  In a moment of lots of doubt, I received the answer that all would be well from my Father in Heaven.  I now have peace with the outcome of all these different situations.  I don't know how it will turnout but I know that all will be well.  And I trust more that the outcome is how he wants it to be. 

I know I have written this quote a lot but this quote is what has gotten me through some of the most difficult moments I have had here in Peru.  So I share it hoping that it will share the peace and hope with you that it gave to me. 

be believing

be happy

don't be discouraged

things will be okay


I love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment