Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Sick in immigrations

Monday, March 6, 2018

So today we had to wake up at 5:30 to go to immigrations for my compi.  It was the craziest trip I have ever been on.  Which included getting off the bus in an emergency bc my compi was gonna pass out and feeding her so that she would be okay while the dramatic Peruvian wanted to call the ambulance.  It was a headache!  Then five hours of sitting on a curb waiting for my comp to leave with body pain bc what, what, I have the fluu!!  Life is good my dudes.

But really, life is good.  We had stake conference and with the help from members we had five people who came to church.  Manuel (93 yrs old) gets baptized on Saturday and Juana on Sunday night.  They are both very excited and we have lots of others who are progressing well.  I feel very blessed.  It was a hard two months of no fruits but thanks to our great ward and many blessings we are seeing fruits now and we will help two people this week make a decision to change their life. 

This week I have been studying the simplicity of the gospel and I love it.  I find that when I can simplify the principle to one word then I understand it better.  The gospel is simple and easy to understand, it is us who make it hard.  And if we do all we can to give our all to our Heavenly Father then he will give his all to us.  Literally, it is as simple as that.  The last question on the baptism interview says something like by getting baptized you are making a covenant with God that you are willing to take the name of Jesus Christ and keep the commandments for all your life.  Are you ready to make this covenant and STRIVE to be faithful to it?  We need to strive.  Esforzarnos/Make an effort.  And if we strive, we will receive all the blessings of heaven, even eternal life.  Isn't that a peaceful thought?  God just asks me to strive.  And when he sees I'm striving he will give me strength and blessing so I can strive more.  I invite you all to take a step back and ask am I giving it 100%?  Am I treating the gospel like a soccer field and giving it all I have???  And if the answer is almost or no.  Well repent and change. #thegospelissimpledontmakeithard

I love you all I hope you are doing all you can to receive the sweet blessing of the gospel. 

Hna Glassett



No comments:

Post a Comment