Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Birthdays

Monday, April 15, 2018

This week on Wednesday, my comp had her birthday and now mine is tomorrow.  Super weird to think that I'm gonna be 21.  I feel so old. 

This week we have worked hard.  We found a bunch of people who are SUPER AWESOME!!!  But nobody came to church.  Just one Venezolano (shout out to Maria Jose).

But yeah, this week we are gonna have to drop a lot of people to find those who will come to church. 

This week I have learned about faith.  I have been praying every day to not stress about the logros/achievements or baptisms or anything and just have the energy and animos to work hard everyday and put the rest in God's hands.  Well this week by Thursday we only had found three new people.  So four our mission that is low, for Rimac SUPER LOW!  By Thursday we should have like seven news, and the goal during the week is 10.  So we knew we needed to increase them and I started to get stress.  But I said a prayer that night to now stress and work hard and we found six on Saturday who are great and some accepted fecha so I know that God knows me and has my back even in the simple things I need like to not stress.

So right now we are teaching Maria.  She is super awesome and basically a dry Mormon but she needs to get married or separated but her pareja doesn't want to get married but they live together and she wants to get baptized.  So we are praying for that to happen.  

Julio is Luciana's brother,  He wants to get but his mom won't give him permission yet so I think he got a little discouraged he didn't come to church this week.  

Other Julio who is in a wheel chair and is a great guy.  He feels less than others bc of his chair and want to feel loved.

Teodulfo, Venezolano, who believes a lot in fasting hahaha.  He said he fasted once for seven days and his daughter is like you're crazy, that is impossible, haha then he said just try it, hints, three days no mas just give it a shot.  I was like NOOO three days!!  I go three hours and I'm hungry.  I'm not tryna die boi!  haha  He said a preacher did a 40 days fast and now he's dead.  I said, "what killed him, the fast???"  haha  No it wasn't the fast but that would have been ironic.  Anyway that guy is way funny and his daughter is super awesome we we'll see if we baptize them I hope!!!  

Also, Victor, the son of Manuel, the 93 year old,  and Caesar, the husband of Juana, my other convert!  They are chuggen along... not much else to say

We finally have desks to now I don't have to study on the floor and hot water which means hot water shower. 

Halleluyah!!

The church is true!!

Hna Glassett


A member did this for us for our birthdays.  My comp is 11 April. 

This is the patriarch's wife she is so sweet!!


No comments:

Post a Comment