Monday, August 14, 2017

livin a vida loca (i'm pretty sure that's not how it goes lol)

Monday, August 14, 2017

So this week was super crazy.  We did 2 divisions on Tuesday.  We were all day in the sector of 2 different companionships then we got home in time to go to an fhe of the ward but nobody came.  It was sad.  If y'all could send ideas on something we could do to help our ward feel the spirit of missionary work... yeah.

So then Wednesday we had some Hnas come to do intercambios and also Thursday.  I am learning from the Hnas how to explain the gospel short and sweet and powerful.  I learn so much when we get to have intercambios!  Also we see so many miracles. We were contacting and this man came up to us said he was at the point of getting baptized when he moved here to Lince so we visited him the next day and he is great he wants to get baptized but he's married to someone and has to get divorced so he can marry his girlfriend who is also married to someone else.  So we are working through that but he is really great!  Also, we got a call from the mom of a member who also can't get baptized bc she's not married and she gave us a referral who is great!!!  A yw.  Then through the system we got another referral who is great and we also got to talk to his daughter in law and they are both so interested.  But also not married.... Graciela (chela) however is married and is progressing toward her baptism.  Mayra has gotten back from her trip so we just have to find her.  And Abel is just struggling poor guy.  Mabel is doing great we are visiting her kids.  And Claudia is very happy.

This week also I started a 40 day fast from things that don't help me to have the spirit with me AT ALL TIMES!  So I made a list (a big one) of things that I am gonna change and with the help of the Lord I am gonna fast from these things for 40 days so that I can be a better representative of Christ at all times and in all things and in all places.  And it's crazy that when I started this fast I felt like I started to justify why doing some of the things on the list are okay.  They aren't that bad or I would think how is this something that keeps me from having the spirit it has nothing to do with it.  I am amazed at how fast and how hard the enemy works to get us to justify a little bit of sin.  In 2 Nefi it talks about that in 28:8 when it talks about the 2 churches.  The enemy tries to get us to think, but this isn't so bad, really nothing that I'm doing hurts anyone, this only has to do with me and how I feel, I feel fine doing this so what's the problem.  I have been learning now more than ever that the gospel is black and white, there cannot be gray and we cannot think that there is gray or that we are in gray bc if we think we are sitting on the gray or we do something bc its not THAT bad, we are leaving the companionship of the holy ghost.  And in doing so leaving the path that will bring us to eternal life.  ALSO I have been studying the atonement and the love of our savior, I know that Jesus Christ lives.  I know he loves me and I know he knows me.  He has felt my pain, my sadness and he died for my sins, the things I do everyday.  And he will save me from my sins, if I humble myself and repent, if I admit that what I'm doing is not following 100% his commandments and if I let him in to help me.  I made a promise with God the day I got baptized that I would always keep his commandments and he promised to help me.  I KNOW that if I do EVERYTHING in my power to keep my side of the promise, he will not only keep his side but he will make up for what I cannot do.  My savior is my rock, I love him.  And I invite you all to let your savior be your rock.  Try him see how strong of a foundation he is.  I promise that when you let Jesus Christ and his atonement hold you up he will not let you down.  I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Hna Glassett

last day of the elevator selfies in the hospital.

Intercambios with my comp from CCM Hna Luchi and Hna Cornejo.

pday de zona we played tennis. i don't have a pic of the zone or anything else but it was fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment