Monday, August 21, 2017

milaaaagros/miracles

August 21, 2017

So I should just make that my title every week bc I see so darn many!!  But yeah this week was sick bc we were able to find a whole bunch of families and some references.  And we found Mayra who was gonna get baptized then she went on a trip to Huancayo.  She came to church this Sunday and we are working with her so she can be baptized. 

We also found a really sweet girl named Celia.  She is 14 but super mature.  She has to work everyday when she gets home from school and is really searching for something good. She came to church too, we also taught her family but they are not prepared yet so we'll just work with her for now.

We found another sweet family but they are not married and they were having some family problems so they didn't come to church we'll see what happens this week.  And a really great referencia named Eladio.  He has a friend who is a member and he is great he is super interested we have only visited him once but he is really receptive and wants to learn. 

We are still working with Chela. she has a hard time with comprencion/understanding so we have to teach slow and when her husband is there we just have to teach him how to be a dad bc he has no idea and very little patience for his 2 little ones it's sad. But yeah we are still trying with her.

This week my 40 day fast is still hard haha but I feel it getting better especially as i am working hard to desarrollar/develop the Christlike attributes.  It's kicking my butt but I love it.  I feel like I just got here in the mission and I just completed 9 months.  I'm so confused haha I have so much to learn still.

Something I love though is sharing the message of how the gospel blesses families. I feel so blessed to have seen the gospel in action in my home.  I know from experience how the gospel blesses families and now I also know what happens when people don't have the gospel in their life.  I love sharing the plan of salvation, I know that the plan is perfect and the only way we can live with our family forever is by LIVING, not knowing, not reading, not talking about, but LIVING the gospel of Jesus Christ.  This gospel will bless our lives when we live it.  Christ paid the price and gave us the gift he just asks us to repent, be humble, and accept it.  When we let the atonement work in our lives there is absolutely nothing that can discourage us, and nothing that can beat us.  We are invincible with our Savior at our side.  I know he lives.  And because he lives there is ALWAYS hope.  

I love you all

Hna Glassett

9 months say what literally what????

PS I love cake and I found a super yummy pastry shop here.

Solo estoy engordando./I am only getting fatter.


No comments:

Post a Comment